Monday, April 12, 2010

Tiling windows is new???

I shake my head every time I see a Microsoft commercial for Windows 7 touting the tiling of windows as some supposedly new feature when in fact it has been in every version of Windows since I first started using Windows 3.1 back in 1994. It is true that you could not always drag one window off to one side and have it snap into place but ever since Windows 3.1 you have been able to tile the windows you were working with. In Windows 95, and every version since, all you have to do is right-click the task-bar and select 'Tile Windows'. This is actually less effort than dragging windows to either side of your screen but Microsoft wants to create commercials telling the public that this is some new and astounding feature. So run right out and get Windows 7! Which in reality is just a remake of Windows Vista because they didn't do it right the first time... AGAIN! When are they going to quit trying to resell the same products and features to us? When will they quit forcing the public to buy newer versions because they stopped supporting previously released products? That is dirty pool in my book. More importantly in my mind, I would like to know when they are going to stop selling their products before they are ready? What number service pack are we up to?

No comments:

Post a Comment