Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Straight Forward vs. Game Players

Now I'm not saying Apple is perfect. And they do cost more. There is no perfect computer or perfect operating system but in my experience, Apple makes an excellent machine. They don't play games with different versions of their operating system like Microsoft does, i.e. Basic, Home, Professional or Premium. I have had customers buy a machine with either a Basic or Home version of Windows only to find out that it wasn't sufficient to do what they wanted and were forced to go buy an upgrade to Professional or Premium. Having to purchase two operating systems for one machine is again a check in the negative column for Microsoft. Apple just has one version that includes everything latest and greatest that they have come up with for the current operating system. And most importantly, they have excellent customer service. Microsoft, as well as many PC manufacturers that I have had to deal with over the years have left me feeling less than satisfied when it comes to customer service. Not all, but you do have to be careful when purchasing a new PC. Do not just look for the cheapest price.

I will probably always have to have a PC in my home for work but for my own personal enjoyment and household use my next purchase is going to be from Apple.

No comments:

Post a Comment