Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Apple I-Pad

Someone just asked me if this was an actual computer.  Meaning, could it replace their desktop computer at home.  While the I-Pad is a computer, it is a very limited one that could only replace the home computer of someone that only uses email and web functionality.  While I do have some customers who could get away with only having an I-Pad I don't recommend replacing your home desktop or laptop with one.  The I-Pad is more for the time in-between real computer interface time.  As sad as it sounds, we are becoming so dependent on our computers and the internet that we never want to be away from them.  Myself included.  It does look like a very cool new toy that I already have on my wish list but it's really only going to handle email, photos, video, web and web based apps when you're on the go.

There are two different options with the I-Pad as far as connectivity.  Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi + 3G.  The 3G service provider is AT&T so make sure AT&T has 3G coverage in your area before you shell out the extra dollars for that feature.  (Check the maps at your local Verizon store...)  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment